A Historical EncyclopediaBook - 2010
Covering its historic development, important individuals, and central ideas and issues, this encyclopedia offers broad historical coverage of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
* 140 entries on individuals, places, events, and issues
* An overview section of six essays tracing the history of Mormonism from Joseph Smith's vision to years of global expansion that began in the mid-20th century
* 50 contributors who are among the world's foremost scholars on the Mormon religion and its history
* A chronology of Mormonism from its beginnings in upstate New York to its current status as a globalized church headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah
* A bibliography of the latest scholarship on Mormon history