The Tarnished Fed

The Tarnished Fed

Behind Closed Doors : Forty Years of Successes, Failures, Mystique, and Humor

Book - 2010 | 1st ed.
Average Rating:
Rate this:
1
Most of the books that have been written about the Federal Reserve System deal strictly with monetary policy.  Yet according to Jim Kudlinski, monetary policy accounts for only 17 percent of what the Fed actually does.  The other 83 percent of the Fed's work has remained a mystery until the release of this book.  Kudlinski takes the reader on a forty-year journey inside the inner workings of one of our most powerful institutions.  The author also examines the Fed's unusual decision-making structure, revolutionary changes with huge impacts, current chairman Ben Bernanke, and gives us the truth about the S&L crisis and the subprime mortgage mess.
Publisher: New York : Vantage Press, c2010.
Edition: 1st ed.
ISBN: 9780533163182
0533163188
Characteristics: xvii, 250 p. : ill. ; 21 cm.
Alternative Title: Tarnished Federal Reserve

Opinion

From the critics


Community Activity

Comment

Add a Comment
s
StarGladiator
Mar 23, 2015

Before reading this book, one should listen to the tapes secretly made by former Bank Examiner, Carmen Segarra, fired from the Federal Reserve Bank of NY for attempting to do her job! Somehow, this book doesn't ring true after hearing, // Whatever Goldman Sachs wants, GS gets \\ or // just let Chase Bank have everything \\ ! Just don't accept the author, Kudlinski, at face value.

Age

Add Age Suitability

There are no ages for this title yet.

Summary

Add a Summary

There are no summaries for this title yet.

Notices

Add Notices

There are no notices for this title yet.

Quotes

Add a Quote

There are no quotes for this title yet.

Explore Further

Browse by Call Number

Subject Headings

  Loading...

Find it at KCLibrary

  Loading...
[]
[]
To Top